Lucretia is fighting for legislation that will provide for:
- NO NEW TAXES or fees of any kind.
- HELPING SMALL BUSINESSES by providing tax incentives and lowering regulation burdens.
- NEIGHBORHOOD IMPROVEMENT Better and immediate Quality-of-Life services to the community.
- RESPONSIBLE LAW ENFORCEMENT Civil confinement for dangerous sex offenders after their prison term ends.
- AFFORDABLE EDUCATION A fair and equitable education tax credit for parents of school age children in public, private and parochial schools.
- No raises for State Legislators until the state budget is passed on time
- Less “pork barrel” spending, and none whatsoever outside of our district
- RIGHT TO LIFE No use of public funds for abortion.
- NULLIFY Obamacare. Present other options for affordable healthcare.
- Bring the “bacon” back to our community.
EDUCATION TAX CREDITS:
If you are one of the many people who attended the Education Tax Credit Rally held not to long ago at St. Bernadette’s Church, you must have been happy to hear State Senator Marty Golden announce that he has introduced a Bill in the New York State Senate that provides some education tax relief for the families that have children attending public, as well as private and parochial schools. As a mother with two children attending parochial school, I was very pleased to hear that something is being done to help us pay for the cost of education for our children. I also heard the current Assemblyman, Peter Abbate, claim that he supported the Bill that was also introduced in the State Assembly.
That same night, I obtained a copy of the Assembly sponsored Bill, and I discovered that Mr. Abbate’s name was nowhere to be found among the sponsors of such an important piece of legislation. Later, I saw his name listed as UNDECIDED, and finally as OPPOSED to this Bill in the TABLET newspaper of March 25, 2006 and April 8, 2006.
While we all have the right to agree or disagree on issues, it is simply OUTRAGEOUS FOR AN ELECTED OFFICIAL TO TAKE CREDIT FOR, AND DELIBERATELY MISLEAD THE PUBLIC ON HIS/HER STANDINGS ON ISSUES AFFECTING THE COMMUNITY!
I sincerely hope that this information will help you in understanding how some public officials operate, especially on this important issue. You should know where they stand, and how they try to manipulate the community into believing their lies! Remember this in the elections of November.